Monday, May 7, 2012

Sympathy Card with Raining Flowers

Hi friends, tonight I have a color blocking card to share that I started a long time ago but just put the greeting on it today. The stamp set Raining Flowers is a 2 step stamp set but I made this big flower that is a one step stamp look like a 2 step stamp by taking my Early Espresso Marker and running it along the edge of the stamp after I had inked it up with the Baja Breeze ink. I think it just made the stamp pop and give it dimension. Don't you?  I popped up the center of the flower that I cut out and the shadow looks like there is a grayish spot but there isn't is is just the shadow from the lighting. I like how this turned out and it will be an easy mailable card. I like those.

I was so excited today being able to view the new catalog and it is so beautiful. Some of my new stuff comes tomorrow so I hope to have some time to play with it so I can post something for you. The new Annual Catalog is so incredible. You will love the way it is laid out. Some new punches and quite a bit of new Big Shot stuff. SO EXCITING! Can you tell how much I love STAMPIN' UP!? I really do love my job.  Come on June so I can order the new Big Shot and punches that are new. I need to start stamping my swap cards for Convention in July also. Lots to do. But fun stuff.

Here are the card details:
Stamp Sets: Raining Flowers, Loving Thoughts
Card Stock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso
Inks: Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso
Accessories: Baja Breeze Pleated Satin Ribbon, Cutter Kit, Dimensionals
This was really a pretty easy card. I hope you like it and I am yawning from being up early to see the catalog and order it. Let me know what you think of this card and remember to create something cute. Bless you for stopping by. Hugs, Bev

2 comments:

  1. I like your 1 Step flower idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the stamping and ribbon along the side.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.