Sunday, August 19, 2012

Winter Memories Christmas card for Stamping411 challenge

Hi again stamping friends. I have another quick card to show you that I made this morning before church and for the Stamping411 challenge which gives you a format to do. I sort of followed it along. I used this charming Winter Memories Set from the Holiday Catalog. I love this sled and the ice skates in it. I send tons of Christmas cards so I am going to try to do the challenges with my Christmas sets. Kill two birds with one stone. Oh that saying sounds so violent to me. Anyway, this morning I went to prayer service and then to  church and then there was a potluck so I ate and came home. I finished this card so I could get it posted. I have to chop up those tomatoes and get them ready for making salsa on Tuesday. I need to go out and pick the peppers too.  Busy Busy!

I think this card turned out so pretty. I used Crumb Cake for my base and for the second layer I used Crumb Cake that I stamped with the Woodgrain Background Stamp in Crumb Cake and the Woodgrain EF. Then I used the Crumb Cake DSP and added the Crochet trim down over the seam. I stamped the main image with Back Stazon on Watercolor Paper and used my Blender Pen to watercolor. I stamped the Christmas verse from More Merry Messages in Early Espresso and then layered both with Cherry Cobbler Card Stock. I added the pearls and punched some Cherry Cobbler card stock with the edge of the Curly Label Punch and crumpled it up and stuck it under my sled image. I think it turned out like a Hallmark card, don't you? Oh I suppose I could have added some glitter but you know me I hate glitter unless of course I am at my friend Patty's. LOL! I hope she reads this. 

Here are the details"
Stamp Sets: Winter Memories, More Merry Messages
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Watercolor Paper, Crumb Cake DSP
Inks: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Basic Gray, Garden Green, Gumball Green   
Tools: Big Shot, Woodgrain Textured  Impressions Embossing Folder, 5/8" Crochet Trim, Curly Label Punch, Basic Pearls, Mini Glue Dots, Blender Pen 
Have a blessed Sunday and thank you for stopping by today. 
Hugs, Bev 
Here is the link for the stamping 411:http://stamping411.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I love that sled image. The woodgrain background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Bev. I love this set too, I've just got it and haven't played with it yet, but will be very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card--your coloring is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.