Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Loving Thoughts Monochramatic

Happy Tuesday Friends, I hope you week started off great. I came home tired from work last night and watched the Batchlorette and man I wish she would kick that Ryan on there to the moon. I agreed with who she sent home to a sense but too bad she couldn't kick off one more. He is so arrogant and condescending and she sees it so not sure why she keeps him. Did you watch it? I like that Doug but is he up to something. He is kind of like the mystery man. The raccoon saga continues and he still is at large....LOL! He is getting hungry though as he can't get into my birdseed now. I see him sniffing and pawing all over on the ground.

The other night I got an email from my down line Darcy that was at her sister's house in Omaha. I use to live by her sister Becky who is a dear friend of mine and they wanted to know how to make this flower shown on page 154 of the new idea book. I told them I thought it was the Blossom punch but I would get back to them. I grabbed some Blushing Bride card stock and my Blossom Punch and punched out 7 of the flowers. Then I started wrinkling them up a bit and picked up a SU marker and with the lid still on it I wrapped my flower around the end of it. I did this to all of them and then stuck the flowers together with mini glue dots except the the top one I put a dimensional under it. After I got them together I took my finger and kind of worked the bottom petals downward. It turned out looking exactly like the flowers on page 154 of the catalog. SUCCESS!!!! I took a picture of it and emailed it to them. Well, last night this lonely flower was just sitting on my table so I decided to put the beauty on a card.  This is what I came up with. Isn't it bootiful?  Oh so purdy! Simply GOJUS!  I love how it turned out. I took the Vintage Wallpaper Texture Folder and embossed that then took my Blushing Bride Ink over the highlighted part and it looks so vintage.  I used the Loving Thoughts set and cut out my tag with the Framelits Apothecary Accents and then added a couple of basic pearls. I actually took the sanding block along the edges of my top layer and my tag.Will you let me know what you think of my card? You would have to mail this in a bubble envelope. Aren't some people just worth that? I think so.


Here are the details: 
Stamp Set: Loving Thoughts
Card Stock: Blushing Bride(now discontinued)
Inks: Blushing Bride
Tools: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing  Folder, Framelits Apothecary Accents, Sponge, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals. 
Bless you for stopping by today and I hope you will have a honey of a day.  Leave me a comment and thanks to all of you that follow me. Love you for that. Hugs, Bev

1 comment:

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.