Thursday, September 5, 2013

Get Your Sketch On

Hello stamping friends, I am here with a card that I designed for a few challenges. I have been goofing off really today here at my apt waiting to hear back from the realtor. I did water the garden and stamped this card after looking at my birthday calendar. Yikes, I am behind. My crafting Mojo must have gone south but no worry, I checked out the Colourq for the colors to use and the design from Mojo Monday  for the layout. Yessiree, I love challenges when I can't get my craft on. 
I can't figure out how to get the pics from the challenge blogs so you can click on the links to see them. Sorry.

 My card base is Basic Gray and I cut the Regals Island Indigo and Rose Red DSP to a 4x3" and a 3x3" square. Since I don't have Regal Rose anymore I used Rose Red. I layered each piece of DSP onto the same color card stock. I snailed them together and then snailed them to the card. I cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and bannered the ends and then textured it with the Chevron EF and I snailed that down. Then with my markers I colored the image from the Delightful Dozen stamp set and stamped it on Whisper White Card stock. I punched that out with the 2-1/2 " Circle Punch and distressed the edge with the Distressing Tool and Sponged the edge with Basic Gray ink. Then I die cut  a bigger circle of Raspberry Ripple card stock using the Circles Collection Framelits.  Because I wanted the Flower Shop flower to stand up higher than the circle, I just snailed that layered circle down also. Then stamped the flower with Raspberry Ripple and punched it out with the Pansy Punch and popped it up with a dimensional. I added a Basic Gray Candy Dot to the middle of the flower.     
Just a note, you can't buy the Rose Red, Island Indigo or Basic Gray Markers individually anymore so the number and link to that is the group of 10 for the Regals and Neutrals Color group. 

 Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Delightful Dozen 122652 Clear-128547 Wood, Flower Shop 130942 Clear- 
130939 Wood  
Inks: Rose Red Ink Pad 126954, Regals Stampin' Write Markers 131262
Neutrals Stampin' Write Markers 131261, Raspberry Ripple Ink Pad 126859
Card Stock: Basic Gray Card Stock 121044, Whisper White 100730, Island Indigo 122923
Rose Red 102544, Raspberry Ripple 126842
Regals Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stack 130139
Tools and Accessories:  Big Shot 113439, Circles Collection Framelits 130911Chevron Embossing Folder 127749
2-1/2" Circle Punch 120906, Pansy Punch 130698,
 Neutrals Candy Dots 130934, Distressing Tool 127562, Sponges 101610, Snail Adhesive 104332Stampin' Dimensionals 104430.

I hope you will play along with at least one of the challenges if you need to get your crafty Mojo going. Thanks for stopping by today and have a blessed day. 
Hugs, Bev

5 comments:

  1. I see no loss of mojo here, great use of our colors and the playful patterns! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love challenges too for when your Mojo is MIA. ColorQ are good and often have colour combos I wouldn't usually attempt. So a great challenge. I love the two colour dsps in the background and the pop the raspberry ripple flower gives it all. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Bev! This is a great sketch and I love your flowers! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us this week at the Colour Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Bev, that is a lot of wonderful stamping, especially the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.