Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Daydream Medallions Happy Anniversary Clean and SImple Challenge

  Good morning stamping friends, well after waking up yesterday to rain, it is nice to see the sunshine. I planned on going to pick blueberries yesterday but my car was dead and there were thunderstorms predicted so I got my place cleaned instead.

I also had some time to stamp.  I ran across this Clean and Simple challenge so this is the card I came up with. I needed a Happy Anniversary card for a friend so I designed it to fit that challenge. 
I used the In Colors Designer Paper Stack for my background and per the Color Coach I used Smoky Slate with Coastal Cabana and Calypso Coral ink and Card Stock. I used the Daydream Medallions stamp set and the the Happy Anniversary is a Non Stampin' UP! stamp and from Inkadinkadoo. I used the Floral Framelits  that match the Daydream Medallions and  then punched a circle with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch and textured it with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder. I also used the Adorning Accents Edgelits for the Scallop Border. I didn't like the banner covering the flower but that is the layout. 
Oh well I really used my Big Shot on this card and let me tell you I love that Magnetic Platform.  

Make sure you  check out the other creative cards for this sketch challenge here: http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2013/07/248.html  


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a great day.  I hope you have time to do something fun.  Let me know what you think of my card if you will. Happy stamping and scrapping, Bev

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bev, I'm with you.. I'm in love with my Magnetic Platform!! And yes the banner would be better if it didn't cover the Medallion but the card still looks good.
    Wish I had Daydream Medallions but I guess I can't own EVERYTHING in the Catalogue (even though it might look like I do! hehe.) Hope you get the car going again. Hard to live without. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.