Sunday, April 14, 2013

Birds Birds Birds

Hi there, I am back again and no I am not thinking of the Alfred Hitchcock move The Birds. LOL! Woo Hoo! It is supposed to be a beautiful and warm day today. I have errands to run too but first I wanted to post this. 

I thought I would share this darling layout from Clean & Simple Stamping also. I saw it when I went to post my other card for this site and stamped this card yesterday. I had this piece of Pool Party  that I had already embossed when I got this darling bird texture folder at Jo Ann's. I wanted to try it out so I just cut it down to fit. I know it's not a Stampin' UP! thing sorry. Me bad!  But isn't it cute? I used the Tea Lace Doilies again. Those are a gotta have thing. I sponged Pool Party ink onto it and then I punched out a circle with my 2-1/2" Circle Punch from the retired SAB Sycamore Street DSP. I snipped off the edge on the doily and my circle of DSP like the sketch did. Then with Island Indigo Ink and Whisper White Card Stock I stamped that cute bird from Betsy's Blossom set which I had on my table. I stamped it and then quickly stuck it into Clear Embossing Powder and heated it with my Heat Tool. When it was embossed and cooled, I fussy cut it out. Ha, I was stamping another card when I was wearing my new contacts which by the way are not correct so I really shouldn't have been stamping and fussy cutting since they are kind of blurry. I won't even share that card on my blog because it looks like heck. LOL! This bird turned out much better. I added a little Basic Rhinestone and popped him up with a Dimensional. Then with my Island Indigo Marker I inked up the words only from one of the stamps from For The Birds stamp set and stamped it on Whisper White Card Stock and then die cut it with the Bitty Banners Framelits. I used the little birdy from the Elements Cute Clips from the Spring Catalog to attach to my greeting banner. Like I said, birds birds birds. I also used my marker and the Color Spritzer Tool to spritz color on my card also. I love it when I have a layout to stamp from as it makes it easier for me to play along with the Card Sketch Challenge. Let me know what you think of my card. I thought it turned out cute. :-)

Here are the details: 
Stamp Sets: For The Birds, Betsy's Blossoms
Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Tea Lace Doilies, Sycamore Street DSP
Inks:  Island Indigo Marker and Ink Pad
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits,  2-1/2: Circle Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Color Spritzing Tool, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, (Poteeka Birds Embossing Folder from the Paper Studio)

I am off to shower so hope you have a terrific day. Thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Bev 
Oh and make sure you stop by this link: http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/  

1 comment:

  1. The embossed birds are so cute! love that you used one of those clips. Mine are still in their little container staring at me!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.