Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SU Holiday Ornaments Christmas Card

Good Tuesday morning everyone. I have a real sense of peace and happiness within me this morning knowing I don't have to work with the gal I used to work for. YAY! I have decided to go home to be with family from this coming Wednesday or Thursday depending on a few things coming in the mail and such. I worked on Christmas cards all day yesterday and got up really early today. My body clock still wakes me up early. The thing about driving home this time of year up here is dealing with driving in weather. I see we have gotten another dusting of snow.The snow cat people will be happy. LOL! Anyway that means my posting will be missing for a couple of days.

On my card today I used the Candlelight Christmas Designer Fabric and Holiday Ornament Framelits to make this card. It turned out so pretty in real life. I started out by wheeling the Good Cheer and Linked Lace Builder Wheels over my Naturals Ivory Card Stock. Do you see how the Linked Lace matches up with the design in the fabric. Isn't that just so sweet that Stampin' Up! does that? I love it. I then textured the card stock with the Holiday Frame EF. Ha don't look to close as I put it upside down but placed my ornament to strategically over the obvious part of the frame. UGH, my imperfection is really showing. LOL! I cut out my fabric and put it on the Fabric Adhesive that is on page 177 of the Annual Catalog. Then I put my ornament framelit on it where I wanted it and ran it through the Big Shot. I kept the backing on it and put Glue Dots behind it to hold the Baker's Twine down and ran that to the back of my card. Then tied it around the ornament also. I attached the ornament with Dimensionals. I stamped the tag with the Joyous Celebrations set and punched it out with the Curly Label Punch and then Paper Pierced it with the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack. I sponged around the edges of the card and the tag with Real Red and as usual used my Color Spritzer Tool and my Real Red Marker. I added  a Rhinestone in the middle of the ornament so place your framelit over the right place on the fabric.

Here are the Details:
Stamp sets and wheels: Joyous Celebrations, Good Cheer and Linked Lace Builder Wheels
Card Stock: Real Red, Naturals Ivory
Inks: Early Espresso, Real Red Ink Pad and Marker
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Candlelight Christmas Designer Fabric, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Holiday Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Baker's Twine, Curly Label Punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Color Spritzer Tool, Basic Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sponges

Here is another ornament card I made at my Stamp-a-Stack.

I pray that your day will be be blessed with great things. Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think of my card. You don't have to be a sewer to get the fabrics. LOL! Remember to shop 24/7 or join my Bev's Busy Bees team by clicking here: www.funtostamp.stampinup.net 
Hugs and Happy Stamping, Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.