Monday, September 3, 2012

For The Birds and Moving Forward Birthday

Hello stamping buddies. Wow this 3 day weekend has just flown by. Darn it anyway! I made it to town to get groceries, an hour drive each way. Ready for a nap ha ha! Not really since I am on my 2nd cup of coffee since I got home. I still have to make my bread this afternoon so will make this quick. OK?
 I saw this Retro Sketch and thought,"oh what a great way to use DSP" and then forgot all about this Birds Of A Feather DSP and wanted to make a card with it so here it is for the Retro Sketches Card Challenge this week. I actually just used the birdie from the Moving Forward  Stamp Set because he is so cute and you don't have to color him in. I stamped it in the colors of the DSP which is Island Indigo, Primrose Petals, and Summer Starfruit. Then I used my Island Indigo Marker to color the a little birdie told me so...  I scalloped the bottom edge of the Whisper White Card Stock and tied some Island Indigo Baker's Twine around it and tied a bow. You down;t see too many bows on my cards since I am bow challenged. I stamped the It's your birthday on scrap of Whisper White CS and used the Bitty Banners Framelits to cut that out and then attached it underneath. Then it was so naked I thought so I used my Color Spritzer Tool  with my Island Indigo Marker. Attached the In Color Stitched Satin Ribbon that is on special this month and stuck a couple of pieces on with Mini glue Dots. Easy Peasey card but I think it is cute. Don't you? 

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: For The Birds, Moving Forward
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Birds Of A Feather DSP
Inks: Island Indigo Ink Pad and Marker, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Color Spritzer Tool, Bakers Twine, 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments. You sure tug on my heart strings when I read all of them so thanks a bunch. I hope you have a honey of a day. Hugs, Bev
Please stop by and check out the stampers at this link:  http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. I just love that funny little bird - he looks like he's marching over to tell us something important! Love how you tied him into the dp, as well!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.