Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Silhouettes Thinking Of You like a Kleenex box

Good morning stamping friends, I may be goofy but come on laughter is the best medicine. Last night I was talking to my Mom and grabbed for the Kleenex box and thought to myself........does STAMPIN ' UP! design for Kleenex now? Okay wait a minute now,  look at my card using the Summer Silhouettes stamp set and look at my card. Pretty darn close don't you think?  I started laughing and my Mom wondered what was so funny. When I noticed the box I wanted to make this card and new what set it mimicked.  The colors are pretty close and I think if I would have used Calypso Coral it would have been closer than the Tangerine Tango or maybe even Pumpkin Pie. I know I just had to do it. LOL! This is Bev's color spotting card challenge....okay just kidding. Can you tell I am feeling better? Back to my goofy self.  Or maybe I am high on the drugs from my doctor. LOL!

I have my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack today but only a couple gals are coming so it will be relaxing and fun. Two of my regular stamping customers and they both are just a hoot when we get together. We laugh so hard. On my card I made the base Basic Gray. Then a layer of Gumball Green card stock that I stamped that border that comes in this set all around the edges and then I textured it with the Argyle EF with the rough side down. Then I tied some of the Stitched Satin Ribbon around and of course put a ribbon slide on it. Geesh can't hardly make a card without those can I?  I made a tag to stamp Thinking of You with the Sweet Essentials set but it doesn't show up to good in my pic.

Here are the details: 
Stamp Sets: Summer Silhouettes, Sweet Essentials
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Gumball Green, Whisper White 
Inks: Basic Gray, Going Gray(discontinued), Gumball Green, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango
Tools: Big Shot, Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Round Designer Ribbon Slides, Dimensionals.
Make sure you let me know what your think of my color spotting challenge. I hope you have a terrific weekend and if I can help you with any of your stamping needs please don't hesitate to ask. I would love to take care of you. Live, Laugh,  Stamp! Hugs, Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.