Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pursuit Of Happiness for TSOT Challenge


Hi again stampers. I got my tomatoes blanched and cleaned and cut up and then went out to pick the rest of the garden. Which was only some hot peppers and onions that weren't very big. Oh well, I am glad I got the hardest job done of doing the tomatoes.  I also got a loaf of bread baked so it is BLT's for me tonight. Oh by the way, I am waiting to hear back from Verna Hardwick as she won my blog candy but she hasn't emailed me back. So if you are out there  contact me.   

I wanted to get into the Try Stamping on Tuesday Challenge and it was so an easy one. I knew I wanted to use this stamp set and knew what DSP I was going to use. I love the colors in this International Bazaar it reminds me of Cathedral Windows. I just cut the DSP in 1 inch strips. The card stock for the base is Rich Razzleberry and I layered a piece of Island Indigo and it should have been Pacific Point to match but I must have had a wrong color in that slot. Oh well it looks fine I think. I stamped the image from Pursuit of Happiness in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White CS and cut it out with the Labels Collection Framelits. I tied some Bakers twine around the top layer of card stock and sponged around the die cut. This was a very easy layout and wow my punches are feeling pretty lonely anymore with these beautiful framelits.  LOL!
They make it so easy. I love the way my card turned out, don't you?  I didn't use a button because of the busyness of the DSP.

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets:  Pursuit of Happiness
Card Stock: Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Whisper White, International Bazaar DSP
Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo
Tools: Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits, Baker's Twine, Sponge, Dimensionals. 
Thank you all for stopping by and commenting. You keep pulling on my heart strings. Hugs, Bev
Check out the other cards for the TSOT challenge here:http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/  
 




4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, you are making me hungry with all the food talk. Love BLT's and with the tomatoes ripe and in season fresh Marinara Sauce. Great job on the card sketch. Interesting colour combination. Almost looks Moroccan. Thanks for taking the time to join us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bev!!!! Your patterns are all AMAZING! LOVE them--and the deeper tones are getting me in the mood for autumn! Thanks for joining us at TSOT with your gorgeous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Bev! LOVE all of those design papers together and you are quick out of the gate this round! Thank you for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how all your papers go together! and the bright cheeriness is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.