Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms Thinking Of You

Hi stamping friends, I hope your Tuesday is going great so far. I hope I can make it better with this darling card I made this morning. Most of you know I was blog creeping for any info from the Stampin' UP! convention that I could find. LOL! I found this technique. I call it Notched Circle Flower Technique but I got this idea off of Meg Davies who is such a sweetheart and you should check out her blog at iteachstamping.com .   She has a video but I can tell you how to do it also. You take any size circle punches and take your Pennant Punch and stick the circle in the non ruffled pennant and punch a "V" into the edge of your circle like above. 


Here I took the 2-1/2"circle and cut out the flower from the Betsy's Blossom then stamped 2 more flowers and punched one out using the 1-3/4" Circle punch and the other out of the middle of the flower using the 1-1/4" Circle Punch.  I notched each one like the other and then curled them a bit with my bone folder and then snailed them together. I pierced a whole in the center of the top layer and put in a Designer Printed Brad in the middle. Then I used the 3" Circle Die to make the biggest circle and textured it with the Argyle EF. I used the Travel Journal Builder Wheel with my Basic Black ink and ran it through the middle of my card. The banners were made with Comfort Cafe DSP, and First Edition Specialty DSP and then the 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon. Let me know what you think of my card and this technique. Make sure you take a look at Meg's blog too if you don't understand.


Here are the details: 
Stamp Set: Betsy's Blossoms, Curly Cute, Travel Journal Builder Wheel 
Card Stock: Pool Party, Naturals White, Basic Black, Comfort Cafe DSP, First Edition Specialty DSP
Inks: Basic Black, Pool Party
Tools: Big Shot, Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder,  3" Circle Die, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, In Color Designer Printed Brads, 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Dimensionals
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I feel so blessed to have you checking my cards out. I hope you have a honey of a night. Hugs, Bev  
  Shop for your stamping needs here: www.funtostamp.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.