Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pleasant Poppies Hope Card with Stampin' UP!

Good morning friends, oh wow I slept till 7:30 this morning and it felt so good. I must have needed it. I watched the Olympic time trials for swimming and for gymnastics last night. I just love the Olympics when they come on. Those little gals are so bandaged up it amazes me how they can tumble like they do. It made me flinch when they would fall on their butt from flying through the air. I wonder if they go to the chiro when they are through? LOL! It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day today and I need to probably water my garden and work on some SU stuff. 


So what do you think of this card? I am happy with the way it turned out. I giggle at myself sometime and think Geesh Bev, can you ever make a card with out the Big Shot? LOL! That Mr Big Shot just makes my life so much easier, prettier, and we all know shapelier. Yes, I love my Mr Big Shot. Now if it could help my body be shapelier I would really be a happy gal. Tee Hee! I used the Adorning Accents and I told you before that I bought two sets of them so I can run them through and die cut at the same time. This shape is why. Oh,  I can give you a tip that will help you when you lay your framelits down on your cutting plate, it is best if you put a post it note over the framelit  before you send it through the Big Shot so it holds the framelits in place on your card stock. Then you will get a nice cutout like this here. I put the the cut out through again using the Adorning Accents Folder and got this cute trim on your cut out. That was the first time I used the folders with the framelits and I love how they look. Don't you?  I stamped the poppies twice on my card and then again twice on scrap card stock. I cut out the little poppies from the scrap and then wrapped the poppy around a marker both sides of the card stock to get the fibers in the paper broke down. Then I peeled the card stock apart and curled up each poppy and put them together with mini glue dots. Then I colored in the flowers I cut out with blender pen and my ink pads. I cut out the center of the framelit cut out with the extra large oval punch and then again on Old Olive card stock after I stamped  stamped this lovely "Hope is a wish with a little more Clout" and punched it out with the same punch and then I used my fingernail and roughed up the edge of the oval and then popped it up with mini glue dots onto my card. I tied the Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon up and around and then tied Linen Thread around it to hold it in place. That way I didn't have a bulky knot or a flat ribbon and have to pay more postage. Then I used the Color Spritzer Tool with my Bravo Burgundy marker to spritz contrasting color onto my card and I just love how it turned out. I hope you like it too. 

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Pleasant Poppies, Blooming with Kindness
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard,  Old Olive
Inks: More Mustard Ink Pad, Old Olive Ink Pad, Bravo Burgundy Marker
Tools: Big Shot, Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Adorning Accents Framelits, Adorning Accents Folders, Extra Large Oval Punch, 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Thread, Color Spritzer Tool, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge.
You know a lot of people including me need Hope and I absolutely love this stamp in the Blooming with Kindness set. I hope you have a knees bees kind of weekend and bee happy. Oh this is the last day you can join my team Bev's Busy Bees team for only $99 so call me today to join. I have recruits all over so it doesn't matter where you are. I hope to hear from you. Hugs, Bev

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.