Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Birthday with Papillon Potpourri from Stampin' UP!

Good Monday morning to all you stamping friends. I hope you all had a terrific weekend. Mine was short but sweet. We had a beautiful weather day yesterday. Absolutely perfect! I went to church and came home and made my pasta dish and then put it in the frig to bake later. I started laundry when I got home and then Ann that won the blog candy last time finally come over to get it and I gave her new catalog and showed her  the Holiday Catalog. She had a list of stuff to buy already when she got here. We went through the catalog and I showed her some different things as she is a fairly new stamper. She asked what the Versa Mark Pad was so I told her we would make a card. I had gotten this stamp set out to make another card so I grabbed it to make this card. It was really a quick card to make and so easy but sweet, don't you think?

 I love that butterfly punch so much better that the old one.  The butterflies in this set just make me happy. Now that I have used it I think I will make some more cards with it. I stamped the butterfly in the brick pattern on the background and then stamped one on Whisper White and punched it out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch.  Added the pearls and then punched the edge of the Wisteria Wonder card stock with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. My biggest struggle was with the Bakers' Twine, LOL! I just cut it too short the first time and  ended up starting over. Oh well. 


Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Papillon Potpourri, Blooming with Kindness
Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Inks: Wisteria Wonder Ink Pad and Marker, Versa Mark
Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Basic Pearls, Baker's Twine, Color Spritzing Tool, Sponge, Dimensionals. 
I hope your Monday is merry and tonight is the Batchlorette so I will check in on Tuesday morning with another card. Let me know what you think of this easy card and thanks for stopping in to see what I have stamped today. Hugs, Bev

1 comment:

  1. I like the white baker's twine tied around the belly band - it's the little touches that make an impression!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.