Sunday, April 22, 2012

Faux Pinwheel Card Sunday Stamping Technique Card

Wow, thanks to a fellow Stampin' UP! fellow demonstrator Dawn Olchefske at DOstamping.com, I have a technique for you today? Aren't you glad for that? I do hope you appreciate that. This is called a Faux Pinwheel technique and it is so easy it is ridiculous. You take two 2-5/8" squares and lay one down and then the other one opposite and if you have our grid paper to line it up on it is really easy to do this. Then you need 8 1-1/4" squares and of course we have a punch for that so I punched 4 in Melon Mambo and 4 in the Cheerful Treat DSP. I textured the Melon Mambo ones with the Prefect Polka Dots Textured Embossing folder. Then you start laying them down leaving a space like a mat. You only put snail on the first one you put down on the right side so we can get the very last one down. Then you start snailing the other squares down and alternating each design. When you get to the last one you need to lift up the edge of the first square you put down and then add snail to the corner of the first one. You can go to You Tube and look for Sweet Shop Faux Pinwheel Technique to see the video on this. 


I spent this morning after church raking and picking up sticks and burning them. It was about 50 and sunny here to day and so nice. The wind wasn't blowing too bad. I raked till I couldn't do it anymore. When I came in the house I had a phone call from a customer that wanted to come over to check out what I had for sale. I had put out an email about selling my discontinued stuff and she had received that so 3 of my customers that were at my party yesterday also came over together to shop and chat. Then they left and I went to start the straw on fire that wouldn't burn earlier in the day. I came in and I really wanted a nap but knew it was Sunday and I hadn't posted anything yet so I quick stamped this card for you. 

Here are the details:
Stamp Set: Sincere Salutations, and Borderlines and they are both being discontinued. :(   
Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Cheerful Treats Hostess DSP
Ink: Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Cutter Kit for texturing edge, Paper Piercing Tool and Matt Pack, Brights Flower Brads, Rhinestones from the Designer Printed Kit of Blossom Builders in the mini, Dimensionals. 
So that is my technique for today. I hope you like it and I sure hope you are following along getting all the treasures for the Late Night Stampers Treasure Hunt. You can find the details some posts back.  I love reading your comments and thank you for all of those. Now go create something cute and have a blessed rest of the day.Thanks for checking in and come back again tomorrow. Hugs, Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.