Monday, September 16, 2013

Going around in circles with Retro Sketches

Happy Monday, at least the rain has moved out. Looking at a house again today. UGH tired of that. Just waiting out for the one I really like. Meanwhile I have been reading, riding my bike, exercising (trying to be healthy), and last night I really got into stamping. YAY! 

This is a card I made for the http://retrosketches.blogspot.com.au card challenge. I needed a few more Halloween cards so that is the direction I went with the design. I used the Witches Brew DSP and a circle punch for the circles and wow I opened up that DSP pack further than I had done before and I love it. I found this darling Chevron design in there too. How cute is that?  Love it! My base is Pumpkin Pie and then Summer Starfruit which I textured with the Chevron EF and corner rounded with the Envelope Punch Board. It tickles me pink when I can use one tool for two things. I looked at the DSP and punched out specific designs out of the DSP for my circles to lay them out. I framed the Chevron design with Basic Black Card Stock and then adhered the circles with Glue Dots. The only stamping I did was the cute tag where I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes. I lined up both ends of the banner and stuck it once again in the Hexagon Punch to make my banner edges from the back side and punched them out. Then I trimmed the other end to be the same. I added a Designer Button and found some Baker's Twine from Primo that was Black and White so put that through my button and Walla, here is my card. I love the way it turned out. Those retro sketches are always so cute I think. 

Here are the supplies:
Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes 127802 Clear -128748 Wood
Card Stock and Paper: Pumpkin Pie 105117, Summer Starfruit 126839,  Witches Brew DSP 132185.
Inks: Basic Black 126980
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot 113439, Chevron Embossing Folder 127749
        3/4" Circle Punch 119873, Hexagon Punch 130919, Envelope Punch Board 133774
        Neutrals Designer Buttons 130031, Glue Dots 103683, Snail Adhesive 104332.

I hope you have a nice day, It is beginning to feel like Fall here as it is only 57 degrees. Chilly. 
Make sure you check out all the cards at the link above for the darling Retro Sketches.  Bless you for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. Stamp on now!
Hugs, Bev

3 comments:

  1. Super duper cute! What a great way to use those little images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bright colours..I love how the zig zags go in different directions on the background and on the DP! Thanks for playing along this week at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know I hadn't even realised we had that dsp in the holiday catalogue! haha. But we really don't get into Halloween over here so much. Kids in the neighbourhood do dress up and go trick or treating though. I usually have a big bowl of lollies to hand out and put a few decorations on the door for them. I have a black cat sitting on a broom and some cardboard spiders hanging off purple and orange tinsel. And that is it for me. (that is about as exciting as our street gets). I really like your card and the dsp is cool. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.