Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fabulous Grid Technique Card

Happy Tuesday stamping buds, wowza we had a great weather day yesterday. Beautiful!   I also looked at a pit of a house so put another offer on the one I wanted in the first place.  Oh man you have no idea how this has stressed me out. I am so sick of it. Sometimes I wonder "should I just have stayed put where I was?" I just hated the winters up there and wanted to be by my family. Wow this world is a mess I guess. Did you hear about the shootings at the naval Yard in Washington with 12 people dead? What is wrong with people. That guy must have been a kook that had a gun.

 Anyway onto my card.  My friend had posted a picture of her sunflower from her garden on Facebook so I thought I would do this grid technique for the Just Us Girls challenge  and use the layout for the Sweet Sunday sketch with the Sunflower for my card. It is the easiest technique to do but looks so awesome when your done. I used Very Vanilla Card Stock and my Simply Scored to score every half inch both directions. First with my sunflower stamp flat on the table I inked up the image with Crushed Curry. Then I took my darker color ink Cajun Craze and inked that over the Crushed Curry ink lightly but still hard enough to pick up some ink so you can see a bit of the Crushed Curry throughout it. You have to huff on it on to give it "the breath of life" before you stamp. This moistens the ink on the stamp to get a better image. When you stamp it down on the grid you make sure the concave side is up. I hope that makes sense. Just click on the link that I put for the grid technique words above to see how this works.  My base card is Crushed Curry with a strip of Cajun Craze. I textured the Cajun Craze piece with the Stylish Stripes EF that is found in the Holiday Catalog. I tied a piece of linen thread around that and then attached that piec to the card base with snail adhesive. I took the strip of Very Vanilla and I stamped the greeting image from the Occasions Alphabet in Cajun Craze Ink and then used awesome Off The Grid stamp with Curshed curry ink on the strip also. I cut out the grid circle with the Circle Framelits and then cut off part of the circle to place the circle on the edge like the sketch shows. Then I also used Crushed Curry ink to sponge around the circle edges and then rubbed it softly over the whole design to really define the grid lines. I used the Snail Adhesive to attach that to the card. I thought it turned out pretty don't you? I first stamped it in Crushed Curry but it just didn't pop like this one does. 



Here are the supplies: 
Stamp Sets: Sunflower 128736 Wood-123608 Clear , 
         Off The Grid 130736
         Occasions Alphabet 128688 Wood-123598 Clear.  
Card Stock: Crushed Curry 131199, Cajun Craze 119684
        Very Vanilla 101650
Inks: Crushed Curry 131173, Cajun Craze 126965
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot 113439
        Big Shot Magnetic Platform 130658
        Circles Collection Framelits 130911
        Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder 132174
        Simply Scored Scoring Tool 122334,  Sponges 101610
        Linen Thread 104199Snail Adhesive 104322

 I hope you will check out the links above for the card challenges. I am tired as I lost half of this post and the links were gone and had to retype it all again again. :-( UGH! So I hope you have a great night and happy stamping. Please let me know if you have any questions.  :-)
Hugs, Bev 

6 comments:

  1. Love this grid pattern in a circle! Very pretty sunflower too! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grid technique is Awesome Bev! I love the way you used Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry together and your detailed explanation is great. I might have to give this one a try. Yes very sad about the shootings. As we get older I think we do value our families and friends more. Those who knew us "way back when".Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is drop dead gorgeous! Great job with our technique this week at JUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You SURE featured that grid technique with supreme elegant style - I love it! Wonderful work! THANKS, so much, for sharing this with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, This is a great technique! I will have to give it a try. You card is just stunning!
    I love your new blog design! It is very striking!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bev....you were are winner over at JUGS this past week....please email me at Wer4art@aol.com to claim your badge...CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.