Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Regarding Dahlias for "JUGS" challenge


It's Tuesday friends, I had a great day today as I went to see the movie The Butler with my sister. OMG, what a terrific movie that was and based on a true story. You should really see it.  

I stamped this card for Just us Girls challenge which was a Monocratic color challenge. I stamped the dahlias on Confetti Cream Card Stock and then fussy cut them out. After all that cutting I didn't have the energy to color them all in. LOL! I did color only one with my blender pen and Marina Mist ink pad. My second layer I textured with thePretty Print Texture Folder. The little banner is from the Photopolymer stamp Settin' Sail. I was going to put a ribbon here but thought I would  just skip it as it didn't look right. I took a picture of this and it really needed something so I added some pearls and it really helped it I think.

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Regarding Dahlias, Settin' Sail
Card Stock: Marina Mist, Confetti Cream(retired)
Inks: Marina Mist
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Blender Pens, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals.  

Make sure you check out the other cards for this challenge here: 
http://www.justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by and I will be missing for a few days unless I stamp with my friend Julia. Then I may be able to post something but tomorrow I need to concentrate on packing and getting ready to go early Thursday morning. I am so excited to see my buddy and get away. Have a great night and as always if you have any questions just drop me a line. Hugs, Bev

2 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful time away Bev and make sure you let us know all about it when you get back. You deserve a nice little break. Thanks for the photo of your apple preserves they looked good. This is a very soft and pretty card.Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the script background! My sister said the same thing regarding the movie -- Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.