Saturday, March 16, 2013

Stampin' UP! Bloomin' Marvelous Card

Happy Saturday stamping friends. This is what I think of all of you.....you are Bloomin' Marvelous too. I am happy today because we are one day closer to warmer temps, because I am so blessed by all my friends I have because of Stampin' UP!, because I have a loving family, because I am healthy and last but not least I have a new star in my sky. I had a date with him last night and I am so giddy about it. I applied for a couple more jobs today just to get me out of the house and meet new customers and hostesses. I hope anyway.

Okay, this card I stamped for a Design Challenge and my card base is Raspberry Ripple, the second layer is the Poetry Prints DSP stack and the top is Very Vanilla that I stamped with the flower and the words from the Bloomin' Marvelous Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set. FREE with a $50.00 purchase. I stamped the flower in Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit ink and the words were stamped in Midnight Muse ink. I think it kind of looks like Designer Series Paper doesn't it. When I stamp like this I start in a brick pattern with each color and then I fill in with color where I need it and notice how I go off the edge of the card stock.  Now on the lighter Raspberry color I inked up my stamp and stamped off on my scrap paper and then stamped and it looks like it is a different color but it isn't.  I added some Raspberry Ripple Stictched Satin Ribbon and layed down a strip of Sticky Strip and then pressed down my ribbon and cut it on the ends. This holds it in place. I added a ribbon slide that was available in the last catalog and I hope they will be in the new book when it comes out in a few months. I attached that with Glue Dots. I think it turned out pretty cute don't you? I just realized I didn't even use the Big Shot. WOW!

Here are the details: 
Stamp Sets: Bloomin' Marvelous
Card Stock and Designer Series Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Very Vanilla, Poetry Prints DSP Stack
Inks: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
Tools and Accessories:  Sticky Strip, Stitched Satin Ribbon, Designer Ribbon Slides(retired), Stampin' Dimensionals. 
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a terrific weekend. Hugs, Bev


Make sure you stop by this Freshly Made Sketches Challenge by clicking here: 
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/














3 comments:

  1. Your happiness is showing..and it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, this is lovely and I am so happy that so much is going right for you!! Glad you shared with us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment on your card matches your post. It's so nice to hear a happy, positive post. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.