Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Card with Seasonal Sayings

Happy Saturday stamping friends. Wow, it is already 7:00. I wanted to make this pumpkin I have seen in several places but can't remember where.  So if it was from you let me know and I will link it to you. I made mine a bit different that what I remember. Oh,  does it ever feel like fall here today. Very windy and cool temps and  leaves dropping and blowing around. I have been doing a mix of things today. I went to take garbage into town this morning and stopped by to drop off a birthday card for my old boss. I was going to get my hair cut too but the shop was closed. On my way home my neighbor wanted me to take some of his tomatillos so I made Salsa Verde today. It was good but I had to add more hot peppers for my liking. It doesn't have any vinegar in it so I couldn't process it so I will be giving it away and eating it myself.   YUMMY!  I had it on my avocado and tacos for supper. Pretty tasty. Give me shout out if you want the recipe.


For my card I used the Large Oval punch and the Polka Dot Parade DSP and then sponged around the ovals with Pumpkin Pie ink. I made the stem by using the Timber Wheel in Chocolate Chip Ink onto Chocolate Chip Card Stock and then textured it with the Woodgrain EF. I add the Linen thread that I had wrapped around a pencil for a while and snailed it to the back. It was really pretty easy and I love that "Thanks is for Giving" stamp from the Seasonal Sayings Set, don't you?  I felt like I had dots before my eyes with all the polka dots. Tee Hee. I think everything else is pretty self explanatory so I will give you the info below. This is going to be the make and take for my downline monthly meeting so if you are one of my out of town gals I will be making you one to have as well as the swap cards.   For the jar I used the Friendship Preserves and cut it out with the Window Frames Collection Framelits and the DSP  on top is Orchard Harvest and I cut it out the the Large Scallop Die on the Big Shot.  I am going to give it to my BFF at church tomorrow that has given me so many veggies.

Here are the details: 
Stamp Sets: Distressed Dots, Seasonal Sayings, Timber Wheel
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder,  Apothecary Accents Framelits, Large Oval Punch,  1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon, Linen Thread, Wheel Handle, Vintage Trinkets, Dimensionals, Sponge.
I hope you have a great weekend and I will be back tomorrow to show you another card I am sure. I am waiting for tomatoes to ripen so I can can some more. 
Listen, if you would like me to send you this card all you have to do is join my team and you also get the darling Halloween Frame kit with your Stampin' Up! Kit for only $99. It is all worth a lot more and when you sign up I will also give you a stamp set of your choice so give it a try. It is so easy and if you want to send in your own orders to stay active your sure can do that to. After 20 years I am still my best customer. LOL!
So what are you waiting for, give me a call today. 
Hugs, Bev
Shop  here 24/7 www.funtostamp.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.