Friday, September 21, 2012

Halloween Candy Holder


TGIF stamping friends, I hope you are ready for the weekend. I know I am. I left work early today as I was going to go to the dentist but I came home and called to see if I could change my appointment as I was so tired and didn't want to drive an hour. YAY I get in on my day off next week. I am so happy. I went in to get my hair cut then and have been cleaning up my stamp room some and doing laundry since I got home. I guess tomorrow I will try to get some tomatoes ready for a batch of salsa. It is really chilly tonight as we had a rain and hail storm after I got home and it was so windy. I thought it was supposed to be in the 70's this weekend. Crap, I guess that changed.

 I wanted to share this cute little 3D project that I got off of someones blog and I apologize but I for the life of me I can't remember who it was so if you are the one please let me know so I can give your credit. I used an empty toilet paper roll, yepper a toilet paper roll and I smashed it down to cut it off on my paper cutter. I wrapped the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP from the Holiday catalog around it and used Sticky Strip on the edge to overlap the DSP. You can make it as tall as you want to. I used the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch for the base and used the Tombow Glue to attach the roll to the scallop punch out centering on it. I used the same punch for the tag  with  Tangerine Tango Card Stock and then stamped the Spider Web from the Mixed Medley Hostess set in the Holiday Catalog on Whisper White and punched it out with the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. Then I stamped the spider from the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set and punched it out with my 1" Circle Punch . The Boo is also from that set and I cut that out with the Duo Ticket Punch. I punched a hole with the  1/16" Circle Hand Held Punch and strung Black hemp through it and strung it around the black lace ribbon that is retired. I attached the ribbon by stringing it through holes made with my Cropodile that is also retired now. I tied knots on the outside so the handle would stay on and then I cut down a small cello bag and filled it with gumdrops and black licorice.  I thought it turned out so cute and would be so great for a Halloween Party at a place setting or a Hostess gift. Don't you think it is cute so start saving your toilet paper rolls and fix up some cute Halloween gifts?

Here is what I used: 
Stamp Sets: Mixed Medley, Spooky Bingo Bits
Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
Tools and Accessories: 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch,1/16" Inch Hand Held Punch, Tombow Glue, Cropodile, Cello Bags, Hemp or ribbon to tie bag and for handle. 
Let me know what you think and please if this was your idea please let me know so I can get you the credit due. Have a great weekend. I am taking weekends off from blogging to get ready for upcoming workshops and canning and cleaning and such. I need to get some work done instead of sitting on my behind here at the computer. LOL!   God bless you for stopping by. Hugs, Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.