Monday, August 20, 2012

Christmas Blessings card for Merry Monday challenge

Hi stamping buddies, I hope your Monday was great. I am exhausted so this will be a quick post. It is time to get this ole' gals butt to bed. I worked late and had to stop at a couple of friends so I got home late. I stamped this card just now for this easy card challenge. I used the Be OF Good Cheer DSP and the stamp set Christmas Blessings. Layered two pieces of the DSP. Stamped my greeting on the top piece and then stamped the image. Easy Peasey!  I had already washed my face so I didn't even have my glasses on and I stamped the image in Basic Black and colored the image in with ink pads and blender pens. I didn't do too bad after I put my glasses on I see. LOL! I used Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green ink to color in the design with a blender pen. I used  Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Very Vanilla CS. Then I used my Cherry Cobbler Marker and the Color Spritzer Tool to spritz over my card. Oh and I textured the Gumball Green with the Perfect Polka Dots DSP.  I cut out the design with the Labels Framelits. I thought the two sheets of that DSP's  matches the image pretty good. Dotted and with a swerve. Okay this morning I am looking at my challenge card I made without my glasses and I think that bouquet is supposed to be mistletoe and I made it in to a bouquet. Oh well leave it to me. LOL! Oh well, I like it as a Christmas plant anyway as I sit here shaking my head.

Here are the details:
Stamp Set: Christmas Blessings
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, Be Of Good Cheer DSP
Inks: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad and Marker, Gumball Green
Tools: Big Shot, Labels Framelits, Perfect Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Color Spritzer Tool, 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Blender Pen, Sponge, Dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by tonight and leaving comments. Have a honey of a Tuesday and I will show another Stamp-a-Stack card. tomorrow. I have to get to bed. Hugs, Bev

Here is the Always Playing with Paper challenge:http://www.alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

  1. The colours are perfect and your colouring is wonderful Bev! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Bev! I love the Gumball Green & Cherry Cobbler this year for holiday cards....so bold & bright! Your card is amazing with those colors, the designer papers and that pretty image! The sentiment & ribbon top it off nicely!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patterned papers, embossed CS, and ribbon go so nicely together. I think your 'bouquet' looks just fine, but you can always flip it around and have mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I love this image, regardless of which way it is going! Thanks for joining us at Merry Mondays again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Bev - I wouldn't have even noticed anything about the mistletoe! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Bev, let's just say it's a bouquet of Ornamental Holly. And it's a lovely bouquet! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Bev, I love your bouquet of mistletoe :)Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.