Saturday, July 7, 2012

Triple Time Card with Summer Solstice and Everything Eleanor

Hello Friends. Have you ever seen a technique that you love and just keep seeing everywhere and dying to try it? Well this is it. Here is a card that I made and got the idea from Dawn Olchefske and if you go to her blog at www.dostamping.typepad.com you can see a video on how to do this Triple Time Stamping Technique that she created. She is so amazing. I love how my card turned out, don't you? I have seen several and they are all so pretty. I used Old Olive for the flourish from the Everything Eleanor set and the Daffodil Delight flower from the Summer Solstice set. The greeting is stamped in Basic Black from the Friendly Phrases stamp set. I didn't want to make a banner or a tag to take away from the design.


Here is how you make this card. Your first layer is cut from neutral card stock at 2" x 3-1/4" and the second piece down is cut at 3" x 4-1/4" and the last piece is your normal 4x5-1/4" layer. The mat is in a darker color of cardstock goes as the smallest 2-1/4" x 3-1/2", 2nd mat is 3-1/4" x 4-1/2, and the last is actually your card. You use a temporary adhesive like Dotto that is now discontinued and layer the neutral card stock together centering each piece in the center. Then you stamp the images however you want and then take the pieces apart and then layer onto the darker card stock.  Then you lay them down again with the adhesive on them and line them up with the other images. Watch her video if you don't understand but it really is easy to do. I stamped the top and bottom corners in full strength ink and the other time I stamped off with the flourish stamp. I tied some Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine around and then attached a button to it and tied a bow. Don't you just think this card is stunning?  I do. Can you believe I didn't use the Big Shot on this card? I know I can't either. LOL!


Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Everything Eleanor, Summer Solstice, Friendly Phrases
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Tools: Bakers Twine, Neutrals Designer Buttons.
Make sure you let me know what you think of my card and thanks for stopping by. Have a honey of a day and bee happy. I have a 12 hour work day today. YIKES!   Hugs, Bev

3 comments:

  1. Wow, before I read your post, I assumed you used DSP to create the card. How awesome that it is stamped. Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! I'm so addicted to this triple time design .... and your choice of images and colors are just beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rita for your comments. I love the design too!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.