Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baby Card with Reason To Smile from Stampin' UP!

Hi stamping friends, Isn't this stinkin' cute?  I think so. I used the Reason to Smile and if babies aren't a reason to smile I don't know what is. Can you believe this is a floral set that I made the flower card out of the other day. I know, I looked at the set and thought "oh that center of the flower will make a perfect polka dot" and I love polka dots.  I wanted to make it pastel for the baby cards. I need a few right now. I used the framelits dies and edgelits to make this darling card. I got my color coach and came up with this color combo of Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede. Oh so sweet! Rainy today and I overslept so I hope my day goes good. HMMM.


Did you notice the paper piercing around the Apothecary Accent? That is the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack  that can go around a lot of our dies and punches. It is on page 181 of the Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog and  is so cute. I could have pierced around the shape of the tag too but I didn't do that and I see I should have. I would do that if I make another card like this and I think it would be cute in blues and greens too. The edge of the card is the Large Edgelit and then I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to texture the background. Wow, I just received a call on my cell from a high school friend of mine. How sweet! She wondered if I am going to our class reunion and I told her no because I will be heading home to Davenport IA after convention. That will be so nice as I haven't been home since last November. 

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Reason To Smile, Petite Pairs
Card Stock: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette
Inks: Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Large Scallop Edgelit, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge, Dimensionals.
Thanks to all that left comments on my cards as I love reading them. I truly cherish the thought that all of you stop by to check out what I post. You are all so sweet. Have a lovely day and go and create something cute now. Hugs, Bev





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.