Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Is National Scrapbooking Month

May is National Scrapbooking month. Did you know that scrap booking has been around since the early 1800s?  Yes, that's right.  The 1800s were long before every household had a camera.  It was before digital cameras and fancy scrap booking supplies. Back then, people filled their scrapbooks with "scraps".  They would use clippings from newspapers and magazines. They would save special things from events in their lives.


 How do you preserve your loving pictures of family and friends? I prefer to scrapbook mine. Didn't us girls look so happy? I am the one with the scarf around my neck. Scrap booking pages are so easy to do with Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' kits like this one that is now retired. They come with darling DSP and card stock and some adhesive die cuts.  I made up this page in about 5 minutes and that is no lie. So easy peasy! 


Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Word Play, Family Reunion
Card Stock: Basic Black, Confetti White,  Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' 
Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Black Stazon
Accessories: White Baker's Twine, Sponge
This was so easy and don't you love how my page turned out.  Since this kit is discontinued there are still Simply Scrappin' kits in the catalog that you can still buy till the end of this month.
I hope you preserve your treasured memories by scrap booking too? Where do you start? Well, start with the newest pictures and go backwards in time. I think that is the easiest.   
Thanks for stopping by and I feel so blessed by your comments.
Hugs, Bev



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.