Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Honeycomb Hot Air Balloon Happy Birthday

OMG isn't this just the dang cutest card? YILM! I can't believe I created this myself without casing anyone. I know that is the honest to God truth and you probably don't believe it but I'm honest. LOL! I saw this tutorial about honeycombs on Splitcoast Stampers so after I watched the video I looked at my punches and thought a minute and came up with this idea. I have had this hostess set for a long time but haven't used it yet and now it will soon be gone. I used the clouds and happy birthday from Up, Up & Away and it will stay in the next catalog.  Oh, I took the covers off my veggies and they didn't get too frozen so I am happy about that. The sun is also shining today. YAY! I needed some solar power. I made this balloon and wanted it to dry good so then I made a quick upside down rhubarb cake for the state guys and then texted them to come pick it up before I have another piece of it. LOL! I just looked at my fingers and they are full of ink even after washing them several times. 


On this honeycomb technique you punch many many layers out of DSP or card stock. I used the First Edition DSP and it is so thin so I punched out 25 of the scallop oval punch and then you fold the oval into exact half and take your bone folder over the fold to make it a crisp fold. Then I took my snail and snailed each side together all lined up still. Then I sponged in Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Midnight Muse. That is where the inky fingers come in. LOL! You have to make sure you sponge the outside and the inside. I put Sticky Strip on the top and bottom sides so it would adhere to my card stock. I used the Adorning Accents in the Daffodil Delight and I like them to be straight so I have two sets of them so I can put them through the Big Shot together so I can line them up easier. I stamped the clouds in Midnight Muse and then stamped off for some of the clouds and used my Bashful Blue Marker to color them in.  The nice thing about this is the hot air balloon folds flat so it will be easy to mail.


Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Ain't Love Grand(Hostess set), Up, Up & Away
Card Stock: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, First Edition Specialty DSP, Big Top Birthday DSP 
Inks: Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue Marker, Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Labels Collection Framelits, Scallop Oval Punch, Sponge, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip. 
Make sure you check out the cute apple card they made on Splicoast Stampers with the honeycomb design. They give you a video tutorial. Be sure to let me know what card you made using this technique. Have a honey of a day and thanks for checking in. Happy stamping. Hugs, Bev

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card. The technique is terrific and I love the colors of the balloon. Must give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh--love that hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.