Thursday, May 31, 2012

Have A Seat Card with Barn Wood Technique

Hi friends. Why don't you have a seat and look around awhile? I love love love this stamp set and am so sad that it is retiring. The "Stay" stamp is from the Tea Shoppe set which is carried over from the last mini and I used my markers to color that. I love that set too but will keep this set that I just adore. I saw this barn wood technique somewhere and I think it was in the Paper Craft Magazine. I have been using up the watercolor paper because it is changing in the new catalog. It is supposed to have a different texture. I used my Watercolor Pencils and Water Wonder Crayons to color here without water. I wanted to use pinks to compliment the Early Espresso bench. Stay? Yes that is what I want that stamp set to do. Darn it anyway. I thought it was so appropriate with this saying also. Maybe my mind is a little warped like barn wood??? LOL! The shape of the Confetti Cream is from the Top Note Die putting it through the Big Shot once and then turning it once and lining up the points  and put it through again.  I love the shape it comes out with. I sponged it the same as my card stock base which was Blushing Bride. The confetti Cream is discontinuing also. I have a ton of that so you will be seeing it in the future even though you can substitute with Confetti Naturals Card Stock.

Here are the details: 
Stamp Sets: Have A Seat, Tea Shoppe
Card Stock: Blushing Bride, Watercolor Paper,  Confetti Cream
Inks: Early Espresso Ink Pad and Marker, Blushing Bride Ink Pad and Marker, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Watercolor Pencils, Water Color Wonder Crayons in Brights
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Vanilla, Sponge. 

Now I really need to get in the shower. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you stayed a while and left me a comment. Have a honey of a day and remember to create something cute. Hugs, Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.