Thursday, November 24, 2011

Handmade Card Holder Box

I was over at my friend and recruit Bonnie Stanley's house the other day when we received the new mini catalog that will be coming out next and there is a die cut box in it that you can buy. We stared talking about how nice this box would be to put cards in for a gift for non stamper, Well let me tell  you Bonnie can figure anything like this out (Thank God for her) and she said well let's go make a box. I was like yeah right I can't figure that out but I helped her and this is what we came up with. This box was made out of 8-1/2 x 11 inch CS and we used the Lucky Limeade and Pretty In Pink and I used the corner rounder and the Lace Ribbon  Punch for the front and then used some brads I had and used the Bakers Twine to wrap around the brads to close the box. I think it turned out so cute. Here are the dimensions and instructions. Thanks for your patience! 

On your Simply Scored(or SS) lay your cardstock so it lays longwise on your SS and score at at 3/16, 2-1/2, 8-1/2,and 10-5/16.  Then turn your CS and score at 4-1/2 and 6-1/2. You then cut into the 2nd scored line which would be up to the 2-1/2 and 8-1/2 marks. Then fold middle flap up. Fold short flap up to form the back of the box. on the front of the box we used the top note die and placed it in to the 1-1/2 inch on the die. The back part of the box is the short side.
OK now for the Lid:Your CS is cut at 6x9-1/2. With the 6 inch side to the left hand side of the SS. Score at 4-1/2 and 6-1/2 to create the back and the top of the lid for the box. Use Sticky Strip to hold box on all sides. Decorate as desired!  I hope this helps you and hopefully you can make this darling card holder Box.

......Thanks for all the interest! Thanks for stopping and happy stamping! Hugs,Bev

3 comments:

  1. How awesome that you guys came up with your own box. I would love the dimensions! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get the dimensions for the box too. You are awesome. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog, Bev, and thanks for the dimensions!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.