Friday, September 13, 2013

A Really Really Quick Card

Wow TGIF! Already, time flew by this week. I have been house hunting and trying to stay cool but we have this cool front come in so I turned off the air and yikes it is chilly this morning. Down 10 degrees in my apartment. I took my bike into town to get the tire fixed yesterday so I can ride it as it is going to be a beautiful weekend. My heart goes out to all the people in Colorado with the flash flooding. My sister is out there so I hope she doesn't get affected. SCARY! 


Anyway, I stamped this card last night and the picture isn't the best. I probably should have taken it this morning since I made myself a couple of Mojitos last night....and then stamped. Yikes! LOL!  No, I usually don't drink alone so don't go thinking I have a problem or anything. My only addiction is Stampin' UP! LOL!  Okay now about my card. I simply stamped a butterfly from the Papillion Potpourri stamp set that is actually on special right now for a bundled price of 15% off.  You get the stamp set and the Mini Butterfly Punch in the bundle. This is only till the end of the month and I will give you the link later in my post. My card base is Calypso Coral and I took another piece of Calypso Coral and used the Scallop Trim Border Punch to scallop the edges as I was following the Sunday Stamps Challenge for my card. You can hardly see the punch. I simply stamped one of many images in Calypso Coral in a brick pattern and then snailed that scalloped piece of  to my card. I stamped the birthday greeting from the Four You stamp set in Calypso Coral ink on Whisper White and stamped the antennas also. Then on a scrap piece of paper I stamped the little butterflies and  punched them out with the Bitty Butterfly Punch. I adhered them by the antennas with Glue Dots. Then I sponged the edges and wrapped some Baker's Twine around it and adhered that piece with dimensionals. Walla, I was done. It was a nice and easy sketch for a really quick card. 

Here are the supplies: 
Stamp Sets: Papillion Potpourri 123759 Clear -132058 Wood, Bundle Clear 135311-Bundle Wood 135312;
 Four You 130538 Clear, 130535 Wood.
Card Stock: Calypso Coral 122925
Inks: Calypso Coral 126983  
Tools and Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch118402
Bitty Butterfly Punch 129406
Calypso Coral Bakers Twine 125573, Sponges 101610
Glue Dots 103683, Stampin' Dimensionals 104430

On a good note Shelli our Stampin' UP! Co Founder and CEO has gone home after being in her accident with a horse so I was glad to hear that this morning. 
Bless you for stopping by and please check out this link for the Sunday Stamps Challenge: http://sundaystamps.blogspot.com/2013/09/ssc58-its-sketch-time.html. They have a lot of cute and easy cards. 

Stamp on friends, 
Hugs, Bev

6 comments:

  1. I love how bright and cheery your card is. Wonderful birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous monochromatic creation :) Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh mojitos! I'm there, lol!Really like the butterflies stamped in the background, this is a fun set to have. Glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card! Love the tone on tone stamping. A lovely CAS card that I think I will be CASEing. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps! Good luck with the house hunt... just went through that process myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right into orange at the moment and this card is perfect.hehe. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card--although it was quick to make it really is very pretty! I love the butterfly theme. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps--hope you can join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.