Wednesday, March 20, 2013

S U Secret Garden Birthday Card

Happy Hump day and Wacky Wednesday stamping friends. I slept in as I am not sure I told you but Irv and I started this Non Gluten eating now and I made this yummmmy frittata yesterday with asparagus and kale and carrots and more. I loved it and I wanted him to have some of it but he has been so busy with his tractor repair he couldn't come here to Davenport. He lives about 45 minutes away so last night I went to see him. Well, he is a farmer so lives in the sticks, (LOL!) but my Lucy Lu (that's what I call my GPS) took me right to his house. Well, he had told me he wasn't there but I was to call him so eventually I found him working on this tractor with another guy a mile from his house. I told him he lived in the sticks and he just laughed. UGH he didn't get done till 10:30 then went home and ate my frittata but typical for a farmer he would have rather had a steak I think. I told him his body would thank me tomorrow. By this time it is 11:00 and I was getting tired so I asked him how to get back to the highway. He sweetly drew a  map and I took off. I knew he had to get a good night's sleep so I found my way home but it was later than midnight when I got to bed. It is nice and sunny but -1 degrees this morning. I am excited as I got a job interview some time this week for a nanny position and today my sister Jan comes back from her South Africa trip. Zumba at 1:00 and I am still in my jams so I better hurry up. 

On my card I stamped for Retro Sketch challenge which is okay and also for the Colour Q but they will probably kick me to the moon because they are using retired colors and I don't keep those after they are retired. I hope not but what is a stamper to do. LOL! So on my card I needed a birthday card so I used the Secret Garden and the Hostess Stack of Wishes stamp sets. My card base is Daffodil Delight and I used Marina Mist, the Subtles DSP and Whisper White with the Large Scallop Framelit. I stamped the Secret Garden with Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist with full ink and stamping off on some of those to make a two tone blue. I die cut that out with the Apothecary Accents Framelits and then cut off some of it at the top. I stamped an extra flower and die cut it out with the Secret Garden Framelits and popped it up on my card. I also tied White Baker's Twine around it. Then I stamped the Stack of Wishes in Basic Black ink on my card and again on Whisper White  Card Stock. I cut it out with the Word Window Punch and then trimmed it down to fit. It was a pretty quick card actually. I hope you like it. 

Make sure you check out the other cards at these links: 
http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/
http://www.colourq.blogspot.com/

I hope you have a terrific day and bless you for stopping by.  Hugs, Bev

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes for you on your job interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev your story of the fritatta and the drive cracked me up, hope your interview went well. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheerio!!!! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-212.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Bev, so cheery, love the flowers! Glad you are enjoying life, thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Bev - great combination of the challenges!!! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's colourQ & RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week. I love your card and what you did with all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.