Thursday, October 4, 2012

Scentsational Christmas Card for Retro Sketch

Hi stamping buddies, Wow, I am getting blown away by the high winds here. It is literally "hold onto your wigs" weather. Cold, windy and snowy too so I could only think of Christmas tonight. I sure hope no trees get blown onto my house. That would really P me off before it gets sold but that would be the story of my life. LOL! I wanted to wait and post this tomorrow but the sketch closes tomorrow.  I will be busy tomorrow night when I get home anyway to start cutting up card stock for my party on Sunday. I am the Queen of Procrastination but I was tired when I got home tonight and wanted to lay down after checking my email. So, this will be my Friday post okay? TGIF then. LOL! Just pretend.

On my card I used Crumb Cake for the base and then layered a piece of Real Red and Whisper White. I textured the Whisper White with the Argyle EF and then stamped the Scentsational  Season images onto Whisper White and die cut them with the matching Holiday Collection Framelits. I tied the Baker's Twine around it and popped that up with dimensionals. Then I took some Gumball green Card Stock and punched it out Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and snailed that underneath. I stamped the Merry Christmas from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched that out with the Modern Label Punch. This was a very quick card to put together. I am humming It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas as I am posting this while hearing the wind howling.

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Scentsational Season, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Crumb Sake, Real Red, Whisper White
Inks: Gumball Green, Real Red, Soft Suede
Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Holiday Collection Framelits, Modern Label Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Baker's Twine, Dimensionals. 
I hope you like my card tonight. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. 10/4 over and out! 
LOL! I have been wanting to say that all day. Okay I am in a real goofy mood tonight I guess. Hugs, Bev
Make sure you check out the other talented stampers at this link: 
  http://retrosketches.blogspot.ca

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I am using this set for Sunday's card too! You're making me sing that song as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, this is just darling! Love the cute Christmas images and embossing! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.