Monday, October 8, 2012

Ex Libris Sympathy Card

Hi bloggie friends. How are you all today?  Ugh! What a long day I had. I worked today and came home and did dishes, loaded some things in my car for my sister as she needs some things like my air mattress and pillows and blankets that she needs to use for the wedding visitors. I am going to end up leaving some of this stuff there. I have to start thinking positive thoughts about selling my acreage. I am tired and am going to do some business stuff when I am done with this. I have to finish some Halloween cards so I can lend a set to my BFF to use when I am gone on vacation. Yes, I am getting into the vacation mode and it will be here before I know it. Yikes. We are supposed to get snow flurries again tomorrow but hopefully it won't end up to much of a mess. 

Here is a card I stamped for my party yesterday. I thought it was so pretty in this color. I used the Ex Libris background stamp again on Wisteria Wonder and Very Vanilla Card Stock. I used the Petite Pairs for the greeting and the BoHo Blossoms Punch to add a little flower with a pearl in it. Then I used the Vanilla Seam Binding for a shabby bow. I have to tell you what happened though. I cut a long strip of the ribbon and got it wet and put it in my hostesses microwave. I showed my customers how I was doing it and put it in for 45 seconds and then checked it and it was still damp. So I put it in again and all of a sudden I could smell it burning. I started laughing so hard and took it in to the other room and showed them my burnt ribbon in different places and told them what not to do! We were all laughing so hard. I ended up cutting each one individually and laying them in separate piles and it worked better.
 I stamped the image and then inked up the top part of the stamp again so I could get the tag part of the design. Then fussy cut it out. I tied the ribbon through a Ribbon Slide to hold it down and then attached the Ribbon Slide with Mini Glue Dots. I think it's ooohh so pretty, don't you? 

Here are the details: 
Stamp Sets: Ex Libris, Petite Pairs
Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla, So Saffron
Inks: Wisteria Wonder, Wild Wasabi
Tools and Accessories: BoHo Blossoms Punch, Designer Round Ribbon Slides, Vanilla Seam Binding, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots.
You will have to let me know what you think of this card. Thanks for stopping by and have a honey of a night. Live, Love, Laugh, Stamp! Hugs, Bev
Shop here 24/7 www.funtostamp.stampinup.net  for all your stamping needs from Stampin' UP!
   PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.