Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hello Card with Daydream Medallions

Hi bleeps, I am checking in kind of late today as I didn't have anything ready to post last night so today I came home and I was so tired. I had a cat meowing out my window this morning about 3:30 and it woke me up. I don't even have cats so not sure where it came from but it finally left when I didn't come to the rescue. Poor thing! Anyway, I went back to sleep after a bit but wow I could tell this morning. So tonight I watched the news and sort of took a nap I think and then got woke up by the phone ringing. I was sure creeping on blogs when I got up to try to see what is going on at Convention. I sure miss being there. My friend is texting me though sort of keeping me informed. Not the same as being there. Next year for the 25th though. For sure!

On this card I stamped the Daydream Medallions in Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and then stamped the very little flower on Pumpkin Pie Card Stock and cut it out with the Floral Frames Framelits. I punched out the new 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch  to layer under the framelit and then used the Vintage Faceted Buttons and tied a bow with the Pacific Point Baker's Twine then attached it with Mini Glue Dots. I stamped the Hello from Lacey & Lovely in Pumpkin Pie ink. Easy Peasy but sweet card I think, don't you?  I have a tip for you too. Some of those Framelits have very small pieces and if you keep them in the cases they come in you might try doing this. I was having a problem with them falling out if they tipped upside down so I took some of the magnet sheets that we use to have in the catalog for the Big Shot and cut them to fit the cases and stuck them inside to make the framelits stick. I am sure you can find these magnetic sheets in craft stores because now I realize dang we don't sell them anymore. Go Figure. Oh well, it really did help to not lose them. I always put how many framelits are in the pack too so I can make sure one isn't buried under stuff on my stamp desk. LOL!
Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Daydream Medallions, Lacy & Lovely
Card Stock: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Inks: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Tools: Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Bakers Twine, Mini Glue Dots.
Tomorrow is TGIF and I am so happy about that. I hope you will have time to create something cute. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving a comment as I love reading all those. 
Hugs, Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.