Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HAPPY 4TH Card

Happy 4th friends, I hope you have a happy and safe holiday shared with friends and loved ones. I just stamped this card in honor of the 4th. What is more American than the cherry? I wanted the background to kind of look like fireworks or something so I used this EF called Flurry I believe and it was in our last years holiday mini and I just looked up the name of it in our newest catalog and to my surprise it didn't get carried over. WHAAAA! I just realized that. I love it so I will keep it but just know you can't purchase it any more. SO SORRY! I try to post only current merchandise so I apologize about that. I was trying to think what I had for a Happy 4th and my sets were all discontinued so I used the Wacky Wishes Hostess set with my marker and Memorable Moments to stamp the 4TH. The cherries come from the Mouthwatering set and don't they look yummy?

 It has been so scorching hot and I think my mojo got overheated. LOL! I don't have air, and with my house for sale I didn't want to spend money on it and am not too fond of those window units.  I have a very busy month and will be traveling anyway for the last half of the month to spend some treasured time with my family.  I work about every day till I leave on the 13th and will be down in Iowa till the first of August. I am not sure how much I will be posting but hopefully I can get a bit of stamping in to share with you. Here is a tip for you, did you know that the blender pen will take ink off of your stamp. I stamped this cherry on the edge of my ink pad and got a little bit of the cherry cobbler ink on the stem. I wiped it off with my finger somewhat but wanted it totally clean so took my blender pen over the stem and it picked up the rest of the ink. 

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Wacky Wishes, Memorable Moments, Mouthwatering
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla
Inks: Night Of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green Marker, Blender Pen
Tools: Big Shot, Flurry EF, Framelits Labels, Cherry Cobbler 1/2 Scallop Dots Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Sponge, Dimensionals 
I hope you have a terrific day and it looks like we may get rain. I hope so anyway. Maybe it will cool down then. Thanks for stopping by. Now remember to create something cute and bee happy. Hugs, Bev  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.