Sunday, March 11, 2012

Male Birthday Card for Stamp Technique Sunday

OMG it is a beautiful day here in Minnesota today and it feels like Spring has sprung  but I haven't seen a Robin yet. The snow is melting fast and furious and there are puddles all over in my yard. 

Today I want to share with you a Punch Art Technique that I saw at Leadership from our Rock Star Shannon West. She is truly creative and I just love her. This technique makes a great male card and it uses the Blossom Petals Builder Punch to make a feather. Yes, a feather. You punch one of the petals and then cut into it on the sides to feather it.  Then I scored it in the middle and popped it up with dimensions. I also used an Aqua Painter and filled it with Rubbing Alcohol and a few drops of ink from my Not Quite Navy Reinker  and then just hit against my finger to make splatters on my card. I thought it turned out pretty cool. 

Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: You're My Type
Card Stock: Not Quite Navy, Confetti Cream, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Well Worn DSP
Ink: Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy Marker and reinker
Accessories: Big Shot, Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Cutter Kit Tool for texturing the edges, Twill Tape, Regals Brads, Blossom Petals Builder Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Color Spritzer Tool, Aqua Painter 

This was a card we did at my party this weekend. I thought it turned out pretty cute, don't you? Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by today and I will have another card I will show you as a feather card. Hugs and happy stamping, Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for leaving me a comment. You bring me many smiles.